Anna bhagya scheme | Anna bhagya yojana | Anna Bhagya scheme Karnataka
Food security has been a consistent issue from many years. Every government tries to tackle this problem by implementing new schemes but to no avail. There are crores of people that sleep hungry every night, however on the other hand there is so much food that is disposed off daily.
The low income households are unable to buy food at exorbitant prices and thus remain hungry for most of the time. To solve this problem Karnataka Government has introduced a new scheme Anna Bhagya that ensures food security to the people in Karnataka.
In this article, I will explain how you can apply for the Anna bhagya scheme from the comfort of your own home. I will provide information on how to apply and take the benefit of this scheme.
If you are interested in learning more about the Karnataka Anna bhagya yojana, please read this article in its entirety. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, so they too can learn about Anna bhagya karnataka 2023 apply online.
Anna Bhagya scheme karnataka
What is Anna Bhagya scheme?
Anna Bhagya scheme is a government initiative first introduced in Karnataka in July 2013. Under the scheme, people living below poverty line and carrying Antyodaya Anna Yojana cards and BPL cards were distributed minimum 4kg of rice and 1 kg of wheat to each BPL family member and maximum 20kg rice and 3kg wheat to whole family.
The scheme was updated by the Congress party pre Karnataka polls in 2023 where 10kg foodgrain will be distributed to each family member belonging to BPL category absolutely free of cost. The food grain constitutes rice or millets like jowar, ragi, etc.
Anna Bhagya scheme karnataka 2023 Overview
|Department||Karnataka State Government|
|Implemented by||Priyanka Gandhi V|
|Objective||To provide financial aid to unemployed youth of the state|
ಅನ್ನ ಭಾಗ್ಯ scheme objective
Anna bhagya scheme is a magnificent initiative by Karnataka government that aims to bring sufficient quantity of food to every household in the state.
The objective of this scheme are-
- A large population living below the poverty line does meager jobs to support their family. Sometimes it becomes impossible for them to get sufficient quantity of food thrice a day or even twice a day. This scheme will be helpful in providing food security to such people.
- This scheme will go a long way to reduce hunger and malnutrition. By providing food to people living below poverty line it helps in eradicating malnutrition.
- The scheme will be helpful to alleviate poverty as people will be able to get free rice and it well lessen the burden on people to get food at high prices. They’ll be able to cover their basic needs with the remaining money.
- The rice will be provided to BPL, AAY households that means their basic needs will be met. Hence this scheme works for the welfare of the people.
- By providing food to low income households the government ensures that every section of the society has access to food. By this the scheme will provide equal opportunities to every community and social group.
Anna bhagya scheme eligibility
- Applicant must be a resident of Karnataka
- Applicant must have a ration card
- Applicant should belong to BPL/ AAY family
Anna Bhagya scheme documents required
There are no documents required for applying in this scheme. All the BPL/ AAY beneficiaries who are already getting ration with the help of ration cards can get 10kg rice for free.
Karnataka anna bhagya scheme apply online
There is no need to apply for this scheme as all the beneficiaries of BPL/ AAY families who are collecting food at subsidized rates from ration cards are already made part of this scheme.
You just have to visit the ration shop this time and you can take 10kg rice for free. This scheme is available for every member of the BPL family.
- Yuva Nidhi scheme- Get ₹3000/ month | Apply now
- Gruha Jyoti scheme- Free 200 units electricity | How to apply
- Gruha Lakshmi Yojana apply, beneficiary, login website details
- Uchita Prayana scheme details | How to apply?
Anna Bhagya yojana benefits
There are several benefits of this scheme such as-
- The scheme helps in providing food security to the low income households who generally have difficulty in covering their basic needs. This helps in lowering the risk of hunger and malnutrition.
- With the help of free rice people can cover their other basic needs and the money spent on purchasing rice otherwise is used for education and increasing the standard of life.
- This scheme reduces the financial burden on people as they are able to get food for free and don’t have to think again about the next meal.
- Due to this it helps in poverty alleviation as low income.households are able to save money and use it to cover their other needs.
- This scheme covers the low income households ensuring proper nutrition to them.
- This helps to lessen the gap between the upper class and low income households in terms of equal opportunities as people are able to get the necessary amount of food.
Toll free number: 08022279954, 8792662814, 8792662816 (10am- 6pm)
All working days except government holiday
Anna Bhagya Latest news
On 28th June, Karnataka govt put a hold on giving 5 kgs of rice due to unavailability of rice to meet the demand of this scheme. According to Congress MLA Dinesh Gundu Rao, the party is not going back on its words, it’s just they are unable to procure high quantities of rice for now and they are compensating that with money at Rs 34 per kilo instead. They’ll also be giving jowar, Ragi as promised under the Anna Bhagya scheme, as soon as they get food grains, they’ll put a MSP and start delivering free rice to beneficiaries.
The money will be transferred in the accounts of beneficiaries till they are unable to get the food grains.
Thank you for reading this article until the end. This website provides information on government schemes, state government schemes, jobs, and exams. We would love to hear about your experience, so please share your thoughts in the comment box below. If you have any doubts or problems, feel free to ask or email us in the comment box below.
We will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Frequently asked Questions
What is Anna Bhagya scheme?
Anna Bhagya scheme is a government initiative under which 10kg of rice will be given for free to each family member of the BPL/ AAY households in Karnataka. The scheme will be launched on July 1 by the Congress government. It is one of the five guarantees pledged by the 223 candidates before the elections.