Gruha Lakshmi Yojana | Gruha Lakshmi scheme application form | Griha lakshmi scheme eligibility | Gruha Lakshmi scheme official website
Karnataka is one of the biggest states of the country and boasts of being the economic hub of the country. A large population in the last decade has found immense potential in this state due to ever increasing technological and business innovation.
However a large population of the state still suffers in pain due to lower incomes especially in the case of families living below poverty line. The women being the brunt of this disparity often struggle to lead a life of comfort and dignity. Therefore, Karnataka government started the Gruha Lakshmi Scheme under which the women head of the family will be provided with some financial assistance to help them lead a life of respect and dignity.
In this article, I will explain how you can apply for the Gruha Lakshmi scheme from the comfort of your own home. I will provide information on how to apply and check the list of available opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more about the Gruha lakshmi scheme, please read this article in its entirety. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, so they too can learn how to register for griha lakshmi yojana online.
Gruha Lakshmi scheme details
While launching this scheme, the first step is to link aadhaar card with bank accounts of the applicants, therefore applications will start from June 15 and continue till July 15 where all the applications will be reviewed, verified and aadhaar card will be linked to bank accounts for the beneficiaries.
What is the Gruha Lakshmi yojana?
Gruha Lakshmi is a government scheme launched in Karnataka by the Congress Chief Minister Siddaramaiah as part of the five guarantees stated by him to the people of the state before the assembly elections. The Chief minister on June 2, 2023 said in a press conference that the scheme will be launched on August 15, 2023.
It will be a part of Independence day celebrations and the female head of the family has to provide details like bank account and Aadhaar card for the application.
Once the beneficiary is selected she will get a benefit of ₹2000 sent to her bank account every month starting from August 15. This scheme will be enjoyed by pensioners as well including widows and old age.
Gruha Lakshmi Scheme Online Application Overview
|Department||Department of Women and Child development|
|Launch date||August 15|
|Application starts||June 15|
|Application ends||July 15|
|Objective||Financial assistance to women heads of income families|
Griha Lakshmi scheme Karnataka objective
Gruha Lakshmi yojana has the following objectives-
- The objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the heads of the families belonging to lower income groups. This financial assistance will help them increase their standard of living and prove to be an additional source of income.
- The amount provided under this scheme will aid the families to elevate from poverty. They will be able to purchase more for their needs and basic requirements will be covered through this scheme.
- Not only will this scheme help in providing assistance to the women, but it will help them in their empowerment too.
- This scheme will help to make sure that the families have some income stability. So they won’t feel economic shocks or hardships during times of need.
- By providing the amount to women heads of the families, this scheme will ensure their safety and protection against abuse. The family will depend on the women and thus it will reduce the dependency of women on people.
On June 2, 2023 Siddaramahiah, Chief Minister of Karnataka said in an interview that applications for Gruha Lakshmi yojana will start from June 15 and will be closed on July 15 this year. These applications will then be reviewed and verified and only those who are truly in need of this benefit will be selected.
Gruha Lakshmi online Application eligibility
- Women should be the head of the house this ensures to reduce dependency of women on her family.
- The applicant should be above 18 years old, not a minor. It is upto the family to decide who will be the beneficiary of this scheme.
- Applicants also belonging to APL/ BPL category which makes sure that the people from all the categories are selected from this scheme.
- Only one applicant per family, that is the women head of the family.
- Citizens who are already a part of social security schemes can also avail the benefits of this scheme.
Griha lakshmi yojana requirements
- Aadhaar card is required for identification and residence proof.
- Bank passbook to connect beneficiary’s bank account directly with the scheme.
Griha Laxmi Yojana beneficiary amount
A sum of Rs. 2000 will be given monthly to the women beneficiary under this scheme. Therefore a total sum of Rs. 24,000 will be given every year to the women head of the family.
Gruha Lakshmi yojana Application
To apply under the gruha Lakshmi yojana-
- First applicants need to visit the official website of www.gruhalakshmi.Karnataka.gov.in or nearest KarnatakaOne center.
- Then collect the application form or download the form.
- Write all the details in form and attach the required documents like aadhaar card details, Bank passbook photocopy etc.
- Submit this form to the nearest KarnatakaOne kendra or Department of Women and Child department. The applications will only be collected in offline mode.
- Your application will be reviewed and all the documents will be verified.
- After the verification if you are selected for this scheme, the amount will be transferred directly to your bank account.
The amount will be transferred through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
Gruha lakshmi scheme link Login
Gruha lakshmi scheme will be launched on August 15 and applications will start from June 15. Due to some technical issues the website is yet not working. However we will update here as soon as the website starts working.
Gruha lakshmi yojna benefits
Gruha lakshmi yojana has several benefits like-
- This scheme creates an additional source of income for the families belonging to the lower income group of the society. It helps the families to alleviate poverty and increase their living standard.
- By providing the money to the women heads of the household this scheme ensures that the women are protected against abuse and exploitation. This game helps the women to reduce dependency on the family and instead the family depends on the elderly women for additional money thus creating harmony between relationships.
- This scheme helps in women empowerment. The women heads of the families will no longer have to depend on others so that they can enjoy a life of liberty and freedom.
- The amount under this scheme will be sent directly to the bank account of the beneficiaries. Therefore they won’t have to stand in long queues in front of government departments to receive money.
- The financial assistance provided to pensioners such as old age and widows will decrease the financial burden on the beneficiaries. The scheme will come a long way to help the citizens.
- By providing financial assistance to women, this scheme will help in fostering gender equality in the society.
ALso Read: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima yojana apply
Toll free number: 1902, 080-2234 0369
Social Welfare Department: 080-22340956
Address: Programme Director-iPGRS, Center for e-Governance,
“Shantigruha”, No. 39, Palace Road, Next to Maharani’s Science Collge,
Bengaluru – 560 001.
Online grievance portal: https://pgportal.gov.in/
Gruha lakshmi yojana official website (not available yet)
Nearest KarnatakaOne center locator
Thank you for reading this article until the end. This website provides information on government schemes, state government schemes, jobs, and exams. We would love to hear about your experience, so please share your thoughts in the comment box below. If you have any doubts or problems, feel free to ask or email us in the comment box below.
We will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Frequently asked Questions
What is Gruha Lakshmi Yojana?
Gruha Lakshmi Yojana is a government scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to the women head of the families belonging to lower income groups in Karnataka.
Is Griha lakshmi same as Gruha Laxmi yojana?
Yes, both are names of the same government scheme.
What is the eligibility criteria for Gruha Lakshmi scheme?
The applicant should be a women above 18 years old. It is upto the family to decide who will be the beneficiary of this scheme.
Pensioners such as widows and old aged who are also part of other social security schemes can apply for this scheme.
How to apply for Gruha Lakshmi scheme?
To apply for Gruha Lakshmi scheme visit the nearest KarnatakaOne center and collect the application form. Fill in the details and attach the required documents. Submit the application. After that your application will be reviewed and verified. After successful verification, the amount will be added to your bank account through Direct Bank Transfer mode.
What is the duration of this scheme?
The duration of this scheme is one year starting from August 15.