Agriculture is one of the most important aspects of the Indian economy as it serves the industries and millions of people in the country. Agriculture has been the backbone of our country since ancient times and more than 50% of the population is engaged in agricultural activities. A large population of West Bengal is occupied in Agriculture too but this domain has not developed much despite the coming of latest technologies. Therefore the productivity remains low.
So, it becomes imperative to teach the farmers about the latest tools, technologies, fertilizers, seeds, weather conditions, licenses, health of soil and much more. All these factors help in determining the amount of yield and producitivty of crops.
If you want to become a beneficiary of the agricultural scheme of West Bengal, you can apply to the Matir Katha portal. In this article, I will explain how one can apply for the Matir Katha schemes easily. I will provide information on how to apply and what are the services provided in this portal.
If you are interested in learning more about the Matir Katha Krishak Bandhu, please read this article in its entirety. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, so they too can learn about this scheme.
Matir Katha portal 2023
What is Matir katha?
Matir Katha is a website started by the Government of West Bengal which provides agriculture related services to farmers of the state. It involves 5 departments such as Animal husbandry, Fisheries, Horticulture, Agricultural marketing and Agriculture. It provides many services which the users can take benefit of by just sitting and applying at home.
With the help of these schemes, tools, information, farmers can improve their agricultural yield and productivity. They’ll be able to manage pests, get weather forecasts, get insurance and knowledge of funds, soil health, licenses, nutrition, etc.
It has 1 million registered users and receives 10 million visits per month. This website is available in Bengali and English. Users can use Google translator extension to read in other languages.
Matir Katha scheme details
|Department||Department of Agriculture|
|Agricultural mechanization 2022-23 apply||Link↗️|
|Daily weather update||Link↗️|
|Objective||Online registration of farmers|
|Launched by||West Bengal government|
Matir Katha portal Services
- Soil health cards: In this card system farmers get information about the quality and nutrient composition of their soil so they can take steps to increase the fertility of soil accordingly. They can apply for soil health cards and get the information.
- Krishak Bandhu: A farmer can get financial help through this scheme and apply for this scheme online on the web portal.
- Online license system: If a farmer wants to apply for the equipment related to agriculture then he/she can apply for those online on the portal.
- Crop problem solver: Any fermer of the state can ask questions about farming and crops from here and get solutions from this forum.
- Bangla Shasya Bima: Farmers can apply to this scheme to get insurance coverage for free in case their crops get destroyed due to pests, diseases, natural calamities etc.
- Matir Katha-Krishikar Katha app: Farmers can look up for information like market prices, weather forecast, agriculture strategies etc. in this app.
- Scientific farming: Farmers can gain knowledge about scientific practices of farming.
- Integrated pest management: Strategies and practices that can be used to manage or counter pests are provided here. Farmers can gain knowledge to get rid of pests.
- Weather and advice: Farmers can manage their crops in adverse conditions now thanks to this section which tells them about different weather forecasts.
- Agricultural schools: If a farmer wants to acquire professional knowledge about Agriculture then he can study in an agricultural school in West Bengal.
- Agricultural mechanization: Agriculture machines, equipments, tools, new technologies that can help increase the productivity of the crops can be known here.
- Agricultural infrastructure development fund: If farmers need financial assistance required to build agricultural infrastructure then the government will provide money through Agricultural Infrastructure Development Fund
Matir Katha eligibility
- Any farmer who belongs to West Bengal can register on this portal and take benefits from it.
- No educational qualification is required.
Matir Katha license apply documents required (মাটির কাথা লাইসেন্সের জন্য প্রয়োজনীয় নথি প্রয়োগ করুন)
Matir Katha documents required for license apply-
- PAN Card
- Passport Photo (JPEG Format Only)
- Copy of trade license
- Copy of rent receipt
- Copy of certificates/ deed
- Copy of Partnership Deed
- Copy of Challan for fee payable to RBI/Treasury Bank- must be submitted to the concerned office at the time of obtaining the approved license (non refundable)
Matir Katha net portal Application process (মাটির কথা নেট পোর্টাল আবেদন প্রক্রিয়া)
To apply in the Matir Katha portal an applicant needs to search “Matir Katha” on Google.
- Go to official website of Matir west Bengal portal or click on this link.
- Then click on the Login button or click on this link.
- You’ll come to a page, click on User Login and Register yourself.
- Login again with login id and password and you’ll be able to apply for the services.
Matir Katha farm mechanization apply (মাটির কথা খামার যান্ত্রিকীকরণ প্রয়োগ করুন)
To apply for farm mechanization applicant needs to search Matir Katha on Google.
- He’ll see a link for Farm mechanization.
- Click on the link and click on Agricultural Mechanization 2023 on the next page.
- Then click on Applicant > Register and read the rules.
- Click on Proceed and write the Voter card number/ EPIC number.
Matir Katha Krishak bandhu benefits (মাটির কথা কৃষক বান্ধু সুবিধা)
There are several benefits of the Matir Katha Krishak Bandhu portal-
- Access to Information: Much information about farming can be accessed through this portal which will help a farmer in making informed and wise decisions about pest control, weather forecasting, quality seeds, nutrients, tools, schemes, insurance, etc.
- Improved Crop Planning: To increase the productivity of crops a farmer can access information on the portal about the suitable weather, crop variety, area, etc. It can help in maximizing production.
- Enhanced Soil and Fertilizer Management: With the help of the portal designed by the West Bengal government a farmer can get their soil health cards and get their soil checked by the authorities so that he can do the effective treatment needed to enrich the soil with the nutrients. With the help of fertilizers a farmer can ensure optimal nutrient availability to crops.
- Better Cultivation Techniques: Farmers can learn better cultivation techniques and practices about planting, irrigation, pest management, cultivation etc. which will increase the productivity of crops.
- Disease Management and Remedies: With the help of the portal the farmer gets informed about pests, diseases and its remedies. They can easily counter the pests and treat the crops. With the help of strategies they can prevent the diseases and even if the crops get damaged due to pests, diseases or natural calamity, the West Bengal government provides insurance for the crops to farmers for free. This all helps in getting a healthier harvest.
- Tailored to Agro-Climatic Zones: West Bengal has multiple agro-climatic zones which means that similar types of cropping patterns cannot be applied in different soil and weather conditions. That’s why this portal helps the farmer in getting informed about their agro climatic zone and which crop will be better suited for their zone. This helps in minimizing the risks of crop failure due to adverse weather conditions.
- Awareness of Government Schemes: Every government takes some initiative from time to time for the welfare of farmers and use of the latest technology, seeds, strategies etc. However the biggest failure that occurs in this process of getting benefits or accessing the schemes is not knowing about them in the first place. Matir katha portal helps in making farmers aware about the government schemes that work for the welfare of the people like providing insurance, financial assistance, training etc.
- Regular Updates and Training: The portal proves handy in giving updates about latest technologies, agricultural practices, knowledge about government schemes, licenses, weather etc. The best thing about the portal is that it gives daily updates about weather in Bangal language so that farmers can make fast decisions about crops.
Matir Katha app download
To download the Matir Katha Krishaker Katha app-
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search Matir Katha, an app published by InGreens.
- Install the app on your phone. The app is light so it can be easily downloaded however if your Android version is new, you probably won’t be able to download the app.
- Download through this link.
Farm mechanization Email help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline number: 8335858732, 8336957043 (10am- 6pm)
Thank you for reading this article until the end. This website provides information on government schemes, state government schemes, jobs, and exams. We would love to hear about your experience, so please share your thoughts in the comment box below. If you have any doubts or problems, feel free to ask or email us in the comment box below.
We will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Frequently asked Questions
What is Matir Katha?
Matir Katha is a portal of West Bengal which can be used to get notifies about various agricultural schemes of the state, weather, tools, technologies, cropping patterns, insurance, hsoil health, licenses, etc.
Matir Katha Bangla Shasya bima apply
Matir Katha Bangla Shasya Bima is a government scheme that provides free insurance to farmers on damage of crops due to pests, diseases or natural calamities. You can apply on this scheme through Matir Katha portal or by visiting this link.
How to contact Matir Katha?
You can contact Matir Katha portal with the help of helpline numbers: 8335858732, 8336957043