Gender equality is a concern that has engulfed not just our country but all the world since ancient times. Due to the patriarchal nature of the society the male is chosen as the head of the house. Till this point it is okay however it becomes dreadful when women are suppressed and sacked of their human rights. The society starts deteriorating when social evils creep in the families.
Recognizing the need to address this issue and ensure a brighter future for the girl child, the state government of Gujarat, India, introduced the Vahali Dikri Yojana. ₹133 crores have been allocated to this scheme in the 2019-20 budget from the state. In fact this is not the first scheme that is providing financial assistance to girls for their education, Kanya utthan yojana and Kanya Sumangla yojana of Bihar and UP are two schemes that work in a similar way.
If you want to become a beneficiary of this scheme, you can apply to the concerned district office. In this article, I will explain how one can apply for the Vahili dikri scheme easily. I will provide information on how to apply and take the benefit of this scheme.
If you are interested in learning more about the Vahali dikri yojna, please read this article in its entirety. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, so they too can learn about this scheme.
Vahli dikri yojana 2023
What is Vahli dikri yojana? વહલી દિકરી યોજના શું છે?
Vahali dikri yojana is a Gujarat government initiative where financial assistance is provided to girls on several occasions to encourage them to study and for women empowerment.
The assistance is provided on admission to 1st standard, getting to 9th standard and attaining 18 years of age with ₹4000, ₹6000 and ₹1 lakh respectively.
The amount will be provided to children whose parents have a total annual income of ₹2 lakhs or less. Two girl children can avail the benefit of this scheme per family however the total number of children of the family should also be 2 maximum. (Twins on second birth is an exceptional case)
Bangla shasya bima scheme details
|Department||Department of Women and Child Development|
|Launched on||02 August 2019|
|Objective||Encourage girl education|
|Launched by||Gujarat government|
|Helpline||079 232 57942|
Vahili dikri scheme objective (વહિલી દિકરી યોજનાનો ઉદ્દેશ)
The objective of Vahili dikri scheme are-
- ✅The scheme aims to decrease the dropout rate of girls in schools by providing money for their education at several points in their lifetime.
- ✅It aims to increase the birth rate of girl children as people won’t consider girls a burden on their birth when the government provides money for their education.
- ✅This scheme will help empower women. Many people and parts of society still consider women a financial burden for them, when they’ll get educated and attain financial freedom they’ll take their own decisions and choose their career choices.
- ✅This scheme will go a long way in putting a stop social evils like dowry, female infanticide, child marriage which are practiced in several parts of the state.
- ✅The scheme will help in increasing the socio-economic status of girls. Girls will be able to earn on their own means they won’t have to depend on others. They can lend a helping hand to their families.
- ✅Ultimately this scheme will help in the development of the state because women will be able to contribute to the workforce and earn money from which they’ll buy more products and this will help in economic progress.
Vahli dikri scheme eligibility
To get benefit of this scheme the eligibility is-
- Applicant should be permanent resident of the state.
- The child/ children should have been born on or after August 2, 2019.
- Couple with maximum 2 children can avail the benefit of this scheme.
- Both daughters are eligible for scheme.
- If first child is a son and second is daughter then benefit will be given to the daughter.
- If first child is son and second time two daughters (twins) then both girls will receive benefit of this scheme
- After two children the couple should adopt birth control.
- The total income of the couple should be less than ₹2,00,000 per year.
- Unfortunately if the child dies before the age of 18, the remaining assistance will be stopped.
> PM Awas Yojana Latest List 2023 | Check status and beneficiary list
> Saksham yojana check status
> Food bill scholarship | Bhojan bill sahay
> PM kisan yojana list | 14th Installment beneficiary list check 2023
Vali dikri yojana documents required (વહાલી દિકરી યોજનાના દસ્તાવેજો જરૂરી છે)
Following documents are required to apply for this scheme-
- Birth certificate of daughter
- School leaving certificate/ Birth certificate of mother
- Aadhar card copy
- Aadhaar card copy of father
- Aadhaar card copy of mother
- Ration card copy of applicant
- Daughter’s bank passbook copy
- Parent’s annual income certificate given by Mamlatdar/Taluka Development Officer/Chief Officer.
- Passport size photo of girl
Vahli dikri yojna Application process (વહલી દિકરી યોજના અરજી પ્રક્રિયા)
The application form to apply for this scheme should be submitted with the documents within one year of the child of birth.
Applicants can collect the form from the Anganwadi Centre/ Gram Panchayat/ CDPO (ICDS) office/ District Women and Child Officer office free of cost.
Applicants can visit these offices of their districts to avail the benefits of these schemes
- Here you’ll get the form.
- Fill in all the details like name, address, bank details, parents details, etc.
- Attach the required documents and submit the form.
- When your form is verified and successful, you’ll get notified through sms or email.
Vahli dikri yojana application download pdf (વહાલી દીકરી યોજના ફોર્મ pdf)
Vahali dikri yojana benefits (વહાલી દિકરી યોજનાનો લાભ)
Benefits of Vahali ladli scheme include-
- 🔥Under Vahali dikri scheme the first installment will be provided to the girl at the time of admission to first grade where ₹4000 will be transferred to the account.
- 🔥Second installment will be provided at the time of admission to class IX where ₹5000 assistance will be given.
- 🔥Third installment will be given at the age of 18 for marriage or higher education. At that time assistance of ₹1,00,000 will be provided to the girl. But the girl should not have been married before.
- 🔥The scheme helps in empowering women as they get a fair chance to get education and select their career choices. They can contribute to their family income and live on their own terms.
- 🔥As one saying goes, when you educate a woman, you educate a whole family. This phrase surely comes true when a woman shares her knowledge with her children and family. This scheme will go a long way in increasing literacy and education index in the state.
- 🔥Women can contribute to the workforce and earn livelihood. From the money, they’ll buy products which creates a cycle of economic development.
- 🔥The scheme helps in eradicating social evils like female infanticide, dowry, child marriage which is a hindrance for socio economic development of females.
Vahali dikri News
👉At village level– Anganwadi Center / Gram Panchayat/ Integrated Child Development Scheme officer
👉At district level– Women and Child Officer Office, Old Mamlatdar Office Compound, Court Campus, Behind Bus Station, Lunawada, Mahisagar
👉Address: Office of the Commissioner Women and Child Development, Block No. 20, Dr. Jivaraj Mehta Bhawan, Gandhinagar
Toll free number: 079 232 57942
Thank you for reading this article until the end. This website provides information on government schemes, state government schemes, jobs, and exams. We would love to hear about your experience, so please share your thoughts in the comment box below. If you have any doubts or problems, feel free to ask or email us in the comment box below.
We will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Frequently asked Questions
Vahali dikri yojana age limit
The child/ children should have been born on or after August 2, 2019.
Vahli dikri yojana documents in gujarati
પુત્રીનું જન્મ પ્રમાણપત્ર
શાળા છોડવાનું પ્રમાણપત્ર/ માતાનું જન્મ પ્રમાણપત્ર
આધાર કાર્ડની નકલ
પિતાના આધાર કાર્ડની નકલ
માતાના આધાર કાર્ડની નકલ
અરજદારના રેશનકાર્ડની નકલ
દીકરીની બેંક પાસબુકની નકલ
મામલતદાર/તાલુકા વિકાસ અધિકારી/મુખ્ય અધિકારી દ્વારા આપવામાં આવેલ માતાપિતાનું વાર્ષિક આવકનું પ્રમાણપત્ર.
છોકરીનો પાસપોર્ટ સાઇઝનો ફોટો
Vahali dikri yojana helpline number
Office of the Commissioner Women and Child Development- 079 232 57942
Vahali dikri yojana in gujarati
વહાલી દિકરી યોજના એ ગુજરાત સરકારની પહેલ છે જેમાં છોકરીઓને અભ્યાસ માટે પ્રોત્સાહિત કરવા અને મહિલા સશક્તિકરણ માટે અનેક પ્રસંગોએ આર્થિક સહાય પૂરી પાડવામાં આવે છે.
અનુક્રમે ₹4000, ₹6000 અને ₹1 લાખ સાથે 1લા ધોરણમાં પ્રવેશ, 9મા ધોરણમાં પ્રવેશ મેળવવા અને 18 વર્ષની વય પ્રાપ્ત કરવા પર સહાય પૂરી પાડવામાં આવે છે.
वहाली डिकरी योजना क्या है?
वहाली डिकरी योजना गुजरात सरकार की एक पहल है जहां लड़कियों को पढ़ाई के लिए प्रोत्साहित करने और महिला सशक्तिकरण के लिए कई मौकों पर वित्तीय सहायता प्रदान की जाती है।
पहली कक्षा में प्रवेश, 9वीं कक्षा में प्रवेश और 18 वर्ष की आयु प्राप्त करने पर क्रमशः ₹4000, ₹6000 और ₹1 लाख की सहायता प्रदान की जाती है।
वहली डिक्री योजना के लिए कौन पात्र है?
आवेदक राज्य का स्थायी निवासी होना चाहिए।
बच्चे/बच्चों का जन्म 2 अगस्त 2019 को या उसके बाद हुआ होना चाहिए।
अधिकतम 2 बच्चों वाले दंपत्ति इस योजना का लाभ उठा सकते हैं।
दोनों बेटियां योजना के लिए पात्र हैं।
यदि पहली संतान बेटा और दूसरी बेटी है तो बेटी को लाभ दिया जाएगा।
यदि पहली संतान बेटा है और दूसरी बार दो बेटियां (जुड़वां) हैं तो दोनों लड़कियों को इस योजना का लाभ मिलेगा
दो बच्चों के बाद दम्पति को जन्म नियंत्रण अपनाना चाहिए।
दंपत्ति की कुल आय प्रति वर्ष ₹2,00,000 से कम होनी चाहिए।
दुर्भाग्य से यदि बच्चे की 18 वर्ष की आयु से पहले मृत्यु हो जाती है, तो शेष सहायता रोक दी जाएगी।