The day of marriage is one of the most special occasions in anIndian society. Filled with lights and glimmers it holds a special place in the lives of a bride and a groom. Families put a lot of effort and money on this special day to welcome their guests and provide them.
However the same is not true for economically weaker sections of the society who desire the same but can’t afford this luxury. Therefore Assam government introduced Arundhati gold scheme under which financial assistance is provided to the bride so that she is able to celebrate her day with full vigor.
In this article, I will explain how one can apply for the Arundhati gold scheme from the comfort of your own home. I will provide information on how to apply and take the benefit of this scheme.
If you are interested in learning more about the Assam Arundhati gold yojana, please read this article in its entirety. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, so they too can learn about the Arundhati gold scheme Assam 2023 apply online.
Arundhati Gold scheme Assam
What is Arundhati Gold scheme?
Arundhati Gold scheme is an Assam government initiative that provides financial assistance of ₹40,000 to parents of brides to purchase gold jewelry for the girl.
The day of marriage is a special day for a girl and her family. Most families spend their entire fortune which they collect just for this day. Gold, which is not just a precious stone, has high traditional value and the ceremonies of marriage feel incomplete without it in the Hindu tradition.
অৰুন্ধতী স্বৰ্ণ আঁচনি 2023 Overview
|Department||Revenue and Disaster Management department|
|Last date||1 April, 2023|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance to bride for purchasing gold|
|Launched by||Assam Government|
Assam Arundhati scheme objective
The objectives of Arundhati gold scheme are-
- The scheme provides financial assistance to the women thus helps in empowering women and promote gender equality. Women can use this money to purchase gold or to fullfill their needs.
- The scheme aims to provide money to make girl independent and empowered. The girl does not have to depend on someone else to fulfill her dreams or purchase gold for her marriage.
- This scheme is a social welfare scheme that helps people from the lower section or economically weaker sections of the society to purchase gold for their marriage. The will help them gain equal opportunities and in their overall well being.
- This scheme would help in decreasing child marriage cases as the eligibility of this scheme is the legal age according to Hindu marriage act or Special marriage act.
- The yojna would help in alleviating poverty and help in decreasing the financial burden or people from economically weaker sections. The eligibility of this scheme is that the income of parents should be less than ₹5 lakhs per year which is less than ₹40,000 per month. By giving the bride ₹40,000 it will provide the family with one month worth of income which could be used for various purposes.
- In some cultures, gold is a necessary part of marriage. So this scheme helps in upholding this practice.
Malamo gold scheme eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the applicant is given below. The applicant could only be a girl so the points are written with respect to a girl.
- Girl must be resident of Assam.
- Bride should have a minimum legal age of 18 years for marriage.
- Bridegroom should have a minimum legal age of 21 years for marriage.
- The marriage would be under Special Marriage Act, 1954 or Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- The marriage should have been on December 1, 2019 or later.
- The registration of marriage should be on January 1, 2020 or later.
- The bride should apply for Arundhati hold scheme on the same day of applying for registration of marriage.
- Income of parents of the girl should be less than 5 lakh per year
- This scheme is applicable for first marriage only.
- The groom and bride must have passed at least 10th class except Tea tribe and Adivasis.
- Educational requirement is not essential for Tea tribes and Adivasis as education is not available to them.
Arundhati scheme documents required
- Proof of age
- For Tea tribes and Adivasis- Birth certificate should be used for proof of age
- For other people- HSLC/CBSE certificate should be used for proof of age
- Marriage certificate copy
- Income certificate of girl’s parents.
- Bank account details
- Gaonburah/ Mouzadar certificate that shows it is the first marriage of the girl
Assam Arundhati gold scheme apply online
An applicant needs to apply for a marriage certificate on the same day as registering under this scheme.
- The girl has to submit an online application form at the link revenueassam.nic.in to get the benefit of Arundhati scheme.
- Before clicking on the Submit button the applicant needs to take a printout of the form and sign the declaration. Then the online form should be submitted.
- The application form (physical form) has to be submitted with the marriage certificate in the Marriage Registration office with all the required documents.
- Then the girl would receive a receipt on the submission of application from the office.
- Whether the application is selected or rejected, it will be informed to the girl through sms or email.
- If the applicant is selected the amount will be transferred to the bank account through DBT mode by the Inspector General of Registration. It will be transferred to the bank account mentioned by the applicant in online form.
Arundhati Gold yojana benefits
Arundhati Assam gold scheme has many benefits like-
- This scheme helps in alleviating poverty and decreasing the financial burden of people belonging to economically weaker sections of the society to some extent. It will give them one month worth of income which they can spend on their need.
- The scheme helps in promoting social welfare and people from low income households are included in this scheme which will provide them with equal opportunities.
- The scheme helps to uphold long old traditions as gold is an important essence in many rituals of the marriage. The ensures that families continue their practices without any financial burden.
- The scheme helps a bride to fulfill her needs or her dreams of wearing gold on the marriage day.
- The scheme helps in empowering women as women would be able to fulfill her dreams or could use this money for different purposes. It will provide financial assistance to her parents and will reduce the financial burden.
SHRI SHANTANU P. GOTMARE, IAS
Director Of Land Records And Surveys Assam
Toll free number: 03612452854
Address: O/o The Director of Land Records and Surveys etc. Assam
Malamo Gold scheme Important Links
Thank you for reading this article until the end. This website provides information on government schemes, state government schemes, jobs, and exams. We would love to hear about your experience, so please share your thoughts in the comment box below. If you have any doubts or problems, feel free to ask or email us in the comment box below.
We will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Frequently asked Questions
What is Arundhati scheme?
Arundhati scheme is a scheme launched by the Assam government to provide financial assistance to brides to purchase gold for their marriage.
What is the marriage date eligibility under Arundhati gold scheme?
To be eligible for Arundhati gold scheme, The marriage should have been on December 1, 2019 or later.
Is the Arundhati gold scheme discontinued?
Yes the scheme was discontinued in April 2023 despite its success.